cleanup in the garden today


i spent some time today in the garden doing spring clean-up. i trimmed spent flower blooms from all of my daffodils and hyacinths. i still have many bulbs blooming throughout the yard. it is hard to believe the some of my bulbs have already finished blooming. my tulips are just beginning to open and my iris are starting to form flowers. i fed my bulbs with bulb booster today and used osmocote on my flowers.the viburnum are flowering and the bleeding hearts are just lovely. i planted more daylily, ferns, and hosta yesterday after spending an hour with my friend in her garden. she has been working on her garden for more then twenty years and is dividing plants and sharing them with me. she also shared forget me nots and virginia bluebells. it was a wonderful day.

Comments