a garden visit


yesterday i visited greenfield village and took a walk to see their spring gardens. since the village is about two hours south of me, it is about two weeks ahead in bloom time. some of my favorite spots in the village are the gardens next to the burbank house, where a picket fence holds the many perennials in place. i just love to see this garden in each season, and it is always refreshing to compare my picketed garden space with an historic plan. i photographed the five leaf akebia in bloom over the arbor with my iphone, and it was certainly a spectacular sight this year. my akebia lost a major branch, so i am hoping that it grows quickly this year over my arbor at 6110. i also admired the beautiful fragrant lilac bushes just outside the fenced area and stood by them for quite awhile to appreciate their fragrance. enjoy the photos and imagine the beauty!

Comments