relax and enjoy


although spring has arrived in midland, the mornings still remain chilly, and the afternoons quite breezy. i enjoy walking around my yard each day to admire how many of my little green plants seem to adapt to the change in temperature. and, i continue to be fasinated in how they are growing on their own, and becoming larger with years. i try to appreciate my walking time in the garden, which shouldn't be confused with working time in the garden. the walk is what nourishes my love for the garden and helps me to better understand the daily development of each plant. many of my plants have come from gardening friends that i have met since i have moved to midland, and i so appreciate these plants. i think of my friends as i look at the plants, and hope that my care of them will bring the plants to the beauty i have enjoyed in other's gardens. i remind myself to relax with a stone that i made several years ago, and i move it around during the seasons, so i can be reminded of both the thought and the border plant that it neighbors. currently, it is next to a clump of grape hyacinths. today, i also stopped to admire my weeping cherry tree near the road along with more grape hyacinths in full bloom.

Comments