scones and blackberries


today is the start of something great! a new project to keep my thoughts and dreams alive....a blog. for years i have looked forward to time that i can spend cooking and gardening and doing all things around my home.. although i do enjoy volunteering in the community, i seem to come alive when i can have time to bake, cook, decorate, and plant...and, now i can write more about what i love and share my passion with others.

i appreciate all of my gardening and cooking friends over the years, and what they have shared with me and taught me about their own love for cooking and growing. i welcome eveyone to share with me as i journey in the days ahead, through the seasons.

today just felt like a day for scones. this recipe comes from tracy sterns' book called tea party. the scones can be varied with coconut, tea leaves, dried fruit or even chocolate chips. they are best served warm from the oven. i chose to make them into hearts, but they can be cut into any shape for any occasion.

Comments