welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Monday, May 24, 2010

sunday is for grilling out



one of the best things about the weekend is grilling out fresh vegetables to serve as a side dish along with chicken or fish. one of my favorite mixtures is always, sliced onions, yellow bell peppers, asparagus and zucchini slices. these sliced vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil and a few fresh herbs take only minutes to soften and cook on the grill.


the herbs from the garden that added to the taste of the vegetables were basil and parsley. i also seasoned them with ground black pepper, a twist of salt over the top, and my favorite all around seasoning from Mary's Kitchen Port in Traverse City. Her seasoning blend is a great mix of flavors that I often use for chicken, fish, and vegetables.


Along with these vegetables, I served grilled chicken with the same seasonings to match the taste. We also had some breadsticks with chive butter. This was another simple grilled meal for a summer evening to enjoy on the deck.



No comments:

Post a Comment