welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Saturday, June 12, 2010

camembert and jam



one of the easiest appetizer recipes is made with athens mini fillo shells. these light and flaky layers of fillo dough are fully baked and great tasting.  it is easy to just fill and serve these shells either with a cold filling or heated filling like camembert and jam.

for these appetizers, i slice small quarter size pieces of camembert or brie cheese, and place into the unfrozen shells.  then i add a teaspoon of jam, which could be blackberry or any desired flavor of choice.  place these tarts into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  when the cheese is melted, remove and serve to guests. 

other options for cold appetizers with these shells include:  chicken salad, cream cheese and dickinson's red pepper jelly, fresh fruit, or even roasted peppers.  i have also served these shells with chopped tomatoes, onion, and basil from the garden with a small bit of shredded swiss on top.  heated for 10 minutes, these tarts will be a delicious start to any meal this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment