peony

my love of peonies began in 1990. in my west virginia garden, i had four large peonies that i had inherited from the previous owner of the home, each of them being a different cultivar.

here in midland, i have eight peonies in different areas of my yard, with five them receiving more sun than the latter three. this tends to allow me to enjoy peonies for a longer season, since their blossoms open in sequence. overnight, my peonies began to bloom and i couldn't wait to enjoy them today. i admired them several times in the afternoon.

since there were predictions for rain the next day, i decided to cut a few blooms to enjoy inside. snipping these beautiful flowers and taking them indoors is such a treat. my plants are so fragrant. today, i am remembering my first peony garden in west virginia.

Comments