sweet woodruff


one of the best ground covers for shade also happens to be classified as an herb commonly known as sweet woodruff.  another name for this scented plant is galium.  the pretty leaves carry a scent throughout the summer and can be used when dried for sachets.  for the first year, i am going to try to dry some of the leaves on some screen.  another highlight of this plant is the beautiful white star-shaped flowers in the springtime, which brighten up my shady border.  this herb likes the shade, but without any sun at all may fail to bloom. this plant grows in my shade garden in my backyard and was given to me by my friend jennifer, who i met at the midland master gardener association.  thanks jennifer, i love this plant.

Comments

  1. I will explore Capitol Market for this herb. Does it get tall enough to dry in little bundles?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment