tea and rain




for several days this week and overnight, it has rained. all my plants are looking very well watered, however; it is way too wet to be out in the garden. i see weeds that need to be pulled, columbine that need to be staked and oregano that needs to be harvested.


so, as i think about what needs to be done, i have found a cozy place and am having a cup of tea. my favorite tea is Stash fusion green and white. it is not only very healthy to be drinking green or white tea daily, but it has a wonderful mild tea flavor. once my tea kettle has heated, i transfer the water to my tea pot. i pour hot water over the tea bag, and in and out the bag comes from the cup. i prefer my tea very mild, so as to have the least amount of caffeine. i reuse my tea bag several times with the tea pot.


these are some of my favorite tea books, with tracy stern's tea party providing not only a primer on tea rituals, but more than twenty ideas for tea parties for friends. menu ideas, party invitations, decor, music and even ideas for party favors are included. it is a wonderful read for a rainy day.

Comments