welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, June 6, 2010

tea and rain




for several days this week and overnight, it has rained. all my plants are looking very well watered, however; it is way too wet to be out in the garden. i see weeds that need to be pulled, columbine that need to be staked and oregano that needs to be harvested.


so, as i think about what needs to be done, i have found a cozy place and am having a cup of tea. my favorite tea is Stash fusion green and white. it is not only very healthy to be drinking green or white tea daily, but it has a wonderful mild tea flavor. once my tea kettle has heated, i transfer the water to my tea pot. i pour hot water over the tea bag, and in and out the bag comes from the cup. i prefer my tea very mild, so as to have the least amount of caffeine. i reuse my tea bag several times with the tea pot.


these are some of my favorite tea books, with tracy stern's tea party providing not only a primer on tea rituals, but more than twenty ideas for tea parties for friends. menu ideas, party invitations, decor, music and even ideas for party favors are included. it is a wonderful read for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment