welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Saturday, July 24, 2010

mint chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate peanut bark

another one of my favorite ice cream flavors is mint chocolate chip.  using my basic vanilla ice cream recipe, i omit the vanilla and substitute mint extract.  once the mixture is ready for the ice cream maker, i add a couple of drops of Wilton green food color.  in order to keep a light green color, only a very small amount is necessary.  chopped dark ghirardelli chocolate is added after the mixture has processed for 25 minutes.  the ice cream is frozen in a stainless steel container.
serve a couple of scoops with a taste of chocolate bark.  this recipe is easily made by melting chocolate in a double boiler, and then by adding a selection of dried fruit and nuts. this bark was made with diced dried apricots, dried cranberries, and peanuts.  after cooling overnight in a quarter sheet pan, it is easily removed and broken into serving size pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment