patio lettuce garden


this year, i decided to practice growing some vegetables and herbs on my deck.  this was my first attempt, and wanted to keep them away from the bunnies that seem to roam in my yard every evening at dusk and dawn. so far, this method has worked and i have been able to harvest basil, parsley and now mesculin lettuce.  my deck is very sunny. as long as i water these clay pots every day that it doesn't rain, i think i am going to have enough for a salad.  i have been shopping around for elevated deck gardens in the catalogs, so i am planning a larger vegetable garden for next summer. the third pot has gourmet cat grass that my coco loves so very much.  since she is an indoor cat, she really is enjoying the fresh taste of these greens.  this is the second clay pot of greens i have grown for her this summer.

Comments