welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Friday, November 12, 2010

smashed petite red potatoes

these smashed red potatoes are delicious compared to other types of small potatoes.  i like the texture of these potatoes and the recipe can be changed to include the addition of sour cream or herbs. 

these are simply petite red potatoes that are cleaned and boiled with their skins intact. when placed in a saucepan, i boil them for about 25 minutes until tender.  then, using a potato masher, i smash the potatoes in the pot, and often add some margarine or sour cream to smooth them into a creamy consistency.

herbs or spices can be added as desired.  i often add a pinch of salt, some black pepper or parsley.  other options would be dill or any favorite seasoning.  these potatoes will become a great winter favorite and much better than anything from the box or frozen aisle in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment