welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Thursday, January 27, 2011

cooking with the barefoot contessa


my all time favorite cookbook author is ina garten, the barefoot contessa.  she has impacted my way of cooking over the past years, with her easy approach to roasting vegetables and meat, making soups and stews, and preparing easy appetizers for any occasion.

these cookbooks are filled with simple ideas for meals, picnics, barbecues, formal or casual dinners and lunches.  every recipe that i have tried has been a success.

 ina owned her own store on long island for years before her talents as a cookbook author evolved.  her knowledge for food preparation continues into table decoration, flower arrangements, baking, and even mixed drinks. many of her recipes talk about transporting food to other's homes or packing them for a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment