welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Thursday, February 3, 2011

cupcakes

as i was shopping last weekend, i happened to find this cute assortment of cupcake papers.  these small liners will be wonderful for spring cupcakes, as well as muffins or candy.  when i bake cupcakes or muffins, i bake them directly in the muffin or cupcake pans which are well greased.

after cooling the baked goods, i remove them from the pans, and then place them in the cupcake papers.  i find that cooking directly in the papers makes for a sticky muffin or cupcake, and a less desirable outcome.  by simply placing the papers around the baked good after cooking, the product is more appealing and the cupcake papers are enjoyed more for their decorative appeal.

this particular packaging caught my eye and i am excited to use these in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment