welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Monday, May 16, 2011

asparagus steamer

everyone should purchase an asparagus steamer for asparagus preparation.  this tall steamer makes tasty asparagus when steamed for only a few minutes. the texture of the asparagus stays intact as well as the bright green color of the vegetable.

without overcooking asparagus, this steamer provides just enough heat to tenderize the vegetable without causing it to lose flavor.  serving the asparagus as a side to fish or chicken compliments the shape of the presentation.

1 comment:

  1. As every fan of asparagus knows, a perfectly cooked stalk does a fine job of standing alone or at most with a little unsalted butter and a squirt of lemon. It’s the perfectly cooked stalk part that stymies cooks who don’t know how to perform magic, though.

    ReplyDelete