welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Monday, May 16, 2011

party grilled cheese

when entertaining for the Kentucky derby this year, i tried a few new recipes that have already become favorites of my guests.  instead of serving a traditional open faced sandwich, upgrade to something special that will wow your party friends.

here i used bakery ciabatta bread sliced into smaller squares, and topped them with a variety of choices on a baking sheet.  the sandwiches were baked in a 350 degree oven until the cheese layer melted.  i watched the sandwiches and rotated the pan half way through the cooking time.  the sandwiches baked around 15 minutes.

the sandwiches were first topped with a layer of cheese.  for these i used emmentaler Swiss and Gruyere as the base.  then, some of the toppings were:  tomatoes and bacon, bacon, red onion and chives from the garden, bacon and dill pickle slices, cheese and green pear slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment