welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, June 5, 2011

tea party chests

some of my favorite tea accessories includes two tea chests that are used daily as well as for tea parties.  my first tea chest was a gift from my husband Brian and is made of polished cherry wood.  it has a hinged brass lid and is used to store some of my favorite stash tea bags.  these teas are high quality and very flavorful.  they can be used for a single cup of hot tea or several can be used to prepare iced tea in a pitcher.



another tea chest that i often use is solid black wood and compliments my dining room decorations.  this chest is filled with twining British tea bags.  these tasty teas are also served hot or cold. 

i enjoy serving tea from a chest as the display is quite lovely, and guests appreciate a tea selection.  for parties, tea chests can be used to serve a large number of guests simultaneously.  i usually offer a plate for used tea bags and a selection of tea spoons that compliment the tea party setting.

for tea accessories, check out this website for more information: http://www.englishteastore.com/accessories.html

No comments:

Post a Comment