welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, July 10, 2011

lavender hill farms

we visited the lavender hill farms in northern Michigan this past weekend.  the lavender was growing in fields. many labeled varieties are grown in rows over rolling hills on a beautiful farm.

the lavender is made into a variety of products, soaps, sachets, shortbread, oils and more.  this farm was so beautiful that i could hardly believe it was in northern Michigan.  here is their website:
www.lavenderhillmichigan.com

 here are some more photos from the farm.  the property has several fields, small gardens and a gift shop

No comments:

Post a Comment