welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, July 10, 2011

martha's firecracker cookies

just before the fourth of July this year, i made Martha's firecracker cookies which were featured on her July magazine cover.  the recipe was for her traditional sugar cookie, however; she suggested decorations similar to those she features at Halloween for her spider cookies.

these cookies took four hours to make.  since the cookies need to be chilled before baking on the baking sheets, it took two hours to scoop, chill and bake the cookie dough.  next, the cookies needed to cool before decorating.  and finally, the decorations were able to be completed.

the cookies are delicious and i would certainly make them again.
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment