fresh from the garden salsa

august is harvest month for my vegetables from the garden.  this past week, i have found tomatoes, salsa peppers and lots of large green onions ready to use in my cooking.  i am thrilled with my harvest this year and am already planning my vegetables for next year.  this is my first year with vegetable gardening, and i have found that i love watching the plants grow and love to incorporate the food into my dishes.

for this garden salsa, i simply chopped these peppers, tomatoes, and green onion, and did not add a thing.
the mixture is delicious as is, served on crackers or toast.  it could be used as a thick dip for blue corn tortilla chips, or as a topping over crusty baked bread with cheese.  this is a very versatile recipe and so easy to make with garden produce.
served in this bright red emile henry bowl, the fresh flavor was bursting from the salsa and sparking a wonderful taste on the palate.

Comments