rudbeckia

blooming in my garden this month are black eyed susans.  these flowers grow on very tall stems in full sun and have multiplied for me very nicely over the past three years.  given to me by a gardening friend, these flowers have a wonderful golden yellow color opening the way to the fall season.

i chose to use a flower frog on the top of this vase to spread the stems to give the table arrangement a bit of a wispy air and light appearance for my breakfast table.  the plants are growing very upright with strong stems and can be easily divided or transplanted in the fall.  i plan to divide my groupings which have already grown to four bunches from one smaller plant.

these are cheerful flowers for gloomy days and they have brightened my kitchen with warmth and sunshine.
i look forward to having these flowers growing in my backyard for years to come.

Comments