welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Himalayan pink salt

after spending a great deal of time reading and thinking about ways to improve my healthy cooking, i have found out some information about Himalayan pink salt.

the salt is hand mined and handwashed, and most often sun dried.
pink salt is believed to be the purest form of salt available, rich in a high mineral and iron content. it is often used by holistic chefs and some health professionals.  pink salt can be used as as substitute for table salt in cooking and baking  most of the pink salt that is used for cooking today is imported through Pakistan.

i have been grating the salt for use in soups and cooking, although i have not yet tried it for baking. since i have been decreasing the amount of salt in our cooking in general, using pink salt has been a wonderful way to accomplish this practice.

for more information about pink salt, look at the company website:  http://www.himalania.com/index2.html#loadsite

No comments:

Post a Comment