sage, ginger and parsley

even in November, my herb garden is filled with wonderful herbs.  my sage plants this year have been producing wonderful quantities for my use all summer.  i am planning on using this fresh sage for thanksgiving as well.
the heart shaped leaves from this asarum or wild ginger plant are just beautiful surrounded by the falling leaves.  the ginger has been growing nicely as a ground cover throughout my shaded garden bed.  the plant is said to have a rhizome that smells and tastes similar to the ginger root, but i have not tried it.



my annual parsley plant is still growing well into November as well, producing large stalks of parsley that i should be able to use right until thanksgiving. fresh parsley and sage for a side of dressing sounds wonderful to me.

Comments