welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

sage and bacon wrapped chicken tenderloins

are you searching for another way to prepare chicken tenderloins?  are you tired of endless nights of grilled chicken?  here is another technique that allows for lots of flavor and just a little more fat.

served over fresh from the garden tender lettuce, this is a great summer salad.

i simply wrap several thin tenderloins, each with a sage leaf from my garden, and a thin strip of bacon.  to prepare the chicken: grill over the stove until the bacon is crispy, while removing the bacon fat along the way.  i use a large grill pan that allows for the chicken to cook on the ridges of the pan.  the chicken is flavorful and tender.  i usually brown and then reduce the heat, while the grill pan is covered with foil to allow the chicken to cook through very well.  the sage leaf gives another great fresh flavor to the chicken.

the chicken over the salad can be served just as is, or with a nice dressing. one to two tenderloins is usually a standard size serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment