welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

chicken reuben sandwich

summertime is a perfect time for quick meals and easy sandwiches.  here is a great Reuben sandwich with a special sauce that is tasty and easy to prepare.

another treat from Martha's everyday food magazine, which can be made in 15 minutes or less. purchase roasted chicken breast from the deli, along with a few slices of Swiss cheese, and a small package of sauerkraut.  drain and squeeze the moisture from the amount of sauerkraut that you plan to use for the sandwiches.

next, make the special sauce:  mix together 1/3 cup light mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of ketchup.  set aside.

prepare the sandwiches with your favorite bread, adding the chicken, Swiss, kraut and sauce. broil the sandwiches or use a panini press to cook them until brown and heated.  serve 1/2 of a sandwich with a fresh summer salad for a tasty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment