welcome

Come along with me as I journal about my latest cooking and gardening adventures. Discover what grows in my zone five garden, and see what new recipes I try from my cookbook collection each week.



As I share recipes and information from my kitchen, I invite readers to comment and share ideas along with me in this blog. I am looking to increase followers to my blog, so that I may learn more about cooking and gardening.



Since moving to Midland, Michigan, I have been reading and researching many cooking journals, cookbooks and collected recipes from the past thirty years. Organizing pictures of gardens I enjoy has also been a joy for me, as I continue to learn about garden design and horticulture.

angel food cakes

angel food cakes
this kitchen is seasoned with love

Sunday, December 16, 2012

lemon shrimp fettuccine


are you looking for a lemon pasta recipe?  well, this is one that combines shrimp, lemon and pasta which i have made more than once for family and guests.

sure, you could substitute any kind of pasta, such as angel hair or spaghetti, however; i think the wider fettuccine absorbs the wonderful lemon flavor and adds to the overall taste of the dish.

to make the entree:   prepare the pasta in boiling water as directed. meanwhile, heat a very large deep skillet with two tablespoons of canola or light olive oil on the cooktop.  add 20 large peeled and deveined shrimp (21 to 25 per pound) and cook about one minute until pink and opaque.   transfer the shrimp to a plate to rest while preparing the rest of the dish.


next, melt one tablespoon of butter in the same pan, add one teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pinot grigio or any white wine, fresh or dried lemon peel, one tablespoon fresh or dried parsley, and crushed red pepper to taste. whisk in two more tablespoons of butter or margarine, and season the sauce to taste with salt.  cook until hot and ready to finish the dish.

mix in the cooked pasta and return the shrimp to the pan and mix thoroughly.  toss and serve with a green salad and crusty bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment